Software Job in Chicago, Illinois : IL
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Sql Server Database Administrator
Sql Server Database Administrator Job Description
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment. Duties may include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, implementing maintenance procedures and overseeing standard service reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, patching, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved, responding to database related alerts and escalations, creating and implementing enterprise wide project plans aligned to company strategic goals. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction from management.
- Provide 24/7 support for firm critical databases.
- Performing troubleshooting, resolution and root cause analysis for database and application specific incidents.
- Perform schema design, capacity planning and change control management tasks.
- Executing database base-lining, bench-marking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Maintaining and enhancing database maintenance routines.
- Working with company technical leads and development teams to create and execute project plans in line with customer expectations and company strategic goals.
- Executing database backup and recovery operations, database patching and upgrades and implementation of database security policies.
- Integrating SQL systems with third-party tools and environments.
- Documenting policies, processes and procedures.
- Cross-training members of the organization on how to use databases effectively and efficiently.
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
Chicago Software Job
Sql Server Database Administrator Job Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent time management skills; able to multi-task among projects.
- Solid Project management skills; able to take a project from inception to completion.
- 3-7 years of experience in database administrator.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in creating, maintaining and optimizing Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions using SQL Server, T-SQL.
- Knowledge of database security methods and procedures.
- Understanding of ETL best practices across the enterprise.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profile, Extended Events and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL.
- Experience in implementing operational automation utilizing a scripting language such as python.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Experience with database backup, restore and recovery models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject.
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher).
- Experience with SQL 2014/2016 a plus.
- Understanding of Windows Server (2012/R2) configuration and management, specifically as it relates to MS SQL Server installations.
- Experience with Linux in conjunction with PostgreSQL and MySQL a plus.
- Experience working with both ISCSI and FC SAN environments, specifically with aspects relating to MS SQL Server.
- Source code management systems such as GIT.
- QA manual and database testing with SDLC and STLC.
- Experience with virtualization software such as VmWare vSphere.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Database Administrator, SQL Server, T-SQL, RDBMS, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, ETL, Trading, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.