Software Job in Mchenry, Illinois : IL
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Manager Software Development
Manager Software Development Job Description
The Manager of Software Development is accountable for the design of software modules with functionality and performance per specifications. In this role you will manage and mentor a staff of professional software developers and quality assurance specialists.
- Work in a dynamic Agile Kanban team environment
- Assure software/service deliverables are high quality and meet performance requirements.
- Facilitate the design of software modules that will work together to produce desired product; completed modules must provide all functionality described by application experts.
- Champion of quality, demanding test-driven development, automated testing
- Enable/encourage team to embrace and refactor agile processes
- Participate in the creation of the annual 3-year technology plan.
- Manage all escalations including communication to escalating department and when necessary, the customer.
- Communicate with Sales, Marketing, and other Follett departments/units regarding product development and vision.
- Manages the full cycle of personnel activities of the staff including hiring, annual performance assessments, employee development, and rewards.
Mchenry Software Job
Manager Software Development Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering or computer science. Advanced degree desirable.
- Requires 10 or more years experience in software research and development with 2 - 3 years of people management experience.
- High level of leadership skills with proven experience leading software design projects.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations and organization skills.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of broad business areas.
- Strong core technical skills with ability to consult with systems and application architects as well as senior-level developers
- Experience working with web application frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energy and passion for software development, outgoing personality, ability to work in a team environment
* Experience managing teams through the SDLC (Including design, development & testing)
* Experience leading teams in Agile software development process 1 to 2 years preferred
* Scrum Master experience a plus