Software Job in Fort Benning, Georgia : GA 31905
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Sasmo Field Service Technician
Sasmo Field Service Technician Job DescriptionOverview
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Summary: The Sustainment Automation Support Management Office Field Software Service Technician (SASMO FST) will serve as a member of the Services & Solutions Group (SSG) in support of customer and software support to fielded units/facilities/locations to the various logistics automation syatems, Standard Army Maintenance Information System (STAMIS), and fully supports the US Army Logistics Information System (LIS). The FSE must demonstrate excellent skills in communication, both orally and writing; these skills must also include experience with the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and/or Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and the ISO 9001:2000 standard. CONUS based FSEs not in support of OEF will support operations based on a 40-hour workweek. This position may require extensive travel and international deployments, to include, but not limited to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Germany, Korea, and Honduras. The current location for this position is Fort Benning, GA.
The FST must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Provide functional and technical support for, but not necessarily inclusive of, the following LIS: SAMS-1E, SAMS-2E, SAMS-IE, PBUSE, ULLS-A(E), TCAIMS-II, MC4, SARSS, SAAS-Mod, CSS-VSAT, and CAISI 2.0. Need to have an understanding of the interface between the aforementioned systems and SARSS-1 interface.
- Distribute new Army LIS/equipment to SASMO customers; distribute new Software Packages, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Incremental Change Proposals (ICP) to SASMO customers and maintain Historical Library of System Software and Change Packages.
- Maintain and issue Logistic Information System (LIS) “Floats”, monitor Contract and Maintenance Support (Warranty/Maintenance Repair), provide User Level LIS Sustainment Training, restore equipment to operation by replacement of line replaceable unit, troubleshoot automation equipment and systems to a degree required for isolation of malfunctions to specific hardware or software.
- Must be able to travel (30-40%) in military low flying aircraft.
- Reformat and implement all applicable STAMIS, including laptops and servers.
- Provide User training after system upgrades or when required by the customer.
- Provide Government Furnished Information (GFI) (i.e. operations and user maintenance reports).
- Coordinate recurring database submission requirements and quality questions as necessary.
- Operate independently as a SASMO in remote locations to assist customers.
- During Government approved travel, the FSE shall remain in an on-call status and provide rapid O&UM assistance to USA, Government, and Contract Approved personnel.
- Provide input on proposed manual revisions.
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to Vencore Employee Handbook, Policies, and SOPs.
- Complete other assigned tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position includes no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications
Requires High School level plus some advanced training. 2-3 years of experience.
Fort Benning Software Job
Sasmo Field Service Technician Job RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Requirements: Employee will be required to obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance while performing duties under this contract.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum IAT Level 2 Certification.
- Related experience serving in a CSSAMO or SASMO section.
- Knowledge of SAMS-IE(functional, technical, & networking), SAM-1E, SAMS-2E, CAISI 2.0, VSAT, and Networking.
- Military experience in MOS 25B
- Experience as Computer Systems Repair Technician.
- Knowledge of SASMOs software and hardware on a functional, technical, and managerial level.
- Experience is required in writing technical reports and providing presentations and demonstrations.
- Ability to intelligently converse with all levels of customers.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret government regulations. Ability to speak effectively, create reports, and write correspondence that is clear and well organized in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to use basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Thorough understanding of basic computer operations. Must possess a working knowledge of MS Windows, Office, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, and Database Management.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech, and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor. Employee must be medically cleared for deployments.
Work Environment: Extensive travel may be required. Work is accomplished in a moderately clean office environment with adequate environmental (heating/cooling) control. The noise level in the work environment may occasionally be moderate due to noises associated with computer equipment, telephones, and environmental control systems. Deployed personnel living conditions will be established by the customer and may be in hazardous duty locations in support of the War Fighters.