Software Job in Idaho Falls, Idaho : ID
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Senior Software Development Engineer Job Description
Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Candidate will participate in the development, maintenance, and installation of software for real-time Plant Process monitoring and information system as well as products for thermal performance optimization. Responsible to function as a member of the software development team implementing client specific applications.
Purpose of the Job:
Plans, designs, develops, and tests software for enhancements and new products
- Develop, review, test, troubleshoot and refine system and software requirements with internal and external customers under some supervision
- Perform requirements capture and specification; feasibility, concept proving and prototyping; and design, code, test, debug, configure, maintain and document software with minimal supervision
- Coordinate with other Research and Development and Curtiss-Wright's staff to ensure that the direction of software design meets customer and Curtiss-Wright's requirements
- Create and/or review design documentation for software under some supervision
- Create and/or review formal test documentation for software under some supervision
- Integrate created software into respective systems under some supervision
- Support deployed systems by analyzing and fixing software related issues under some supervision
Measure for Success:
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards
- Learn and apply new concepts to develop and demonstrate technical competence
- Work well independently and as part of a team to achieve team and organizational goals
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner
- Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience developing software using C/C++ (or C#) and working the full product life cycle from concept, requirements capture, through design, implementation, testing, and installation phases.
- Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required
- Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions
- Ability to sit and concentrate for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in and around an office environment
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience using real time software
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++/C#
- Experience with Fortran
- Experience in programming VB.NET, and Office VBA
- Knowledge of InstallShield
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems with experience in system management and real-time application development
- Experience using real-time debuggers
- Familiarity with performing formal testing/integration, including software unit testing and integration of software with hardware as well as creating and executing system test procedures
Idaho Falls Software Job