Software Job in Chicago, Illinois : IL
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Junior Network Engineer
Junior Network Engineer Job Description
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with five offices in Chicago, London, New York City, Ottawa, and Sydney, seeks to add a Junior Network Engineer to an existing IT team to assist, maintain and progressively improve the existing database infrastructure of a professional electronic trading environment. This position will be located in the Chicago office. The ideal Junior Network Engineer will be someone who has interest in learning how to troubleshoot technology related problems that might include multicast routing, datacenter design, troubleshooting intermittent packet loss, latency issues, trading system connectivity and equipment failure. The successful Junior Network Engineer must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking, and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment.
- Day to day support of network and application environments.
- Remote datacenter design support and management.
- Assist in hardware/software purchases.
- Ability to follow and enhance existing IT policies and procedures.
- On-call rotation.
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
- Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical network environment.
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
- Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
Chicago Software Job
Junior Network Engineer Job Requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with management, vendors and external parties and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties.
- Basic understanding of the TCP/IP suite.
- Knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment.
- Basic experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netmon, etc.).
- Exposure to concepts of automation and scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PowerShell, VBScript).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject.
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher).
Extensive Experience Required:
- Active or near completion of CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar IT certification a plus.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Junior Network Engineer, Networking, TCP/IP, OSI Layer 1-4, Packet Sniffing Applications, Scripting, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates To Chicago!
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.