Software Job in West Greenwich, Rhode Island : RI 02817
Looking for Software Jobs? See currently available Software job openings on software.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
software.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any software job . We provide job resources for Software positions throughout the industry. software.jobs.net also provides Software jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Software by either city or state.
software.jobs.net is a software job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Software jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your software job search on software.jobs.net today.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
IGT is looking for a qualified Software Quality Assurance Engineer in order to generate test documentation and execute tests to verify that the system performs as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops test documentation.
- Secures, organizes, and maintains test environment.
- Helps identify resource and effort estimations on a project based on the Requirements and understanding of the software applications.
- Assist in coordinating, preparing, and presenting software products to customer.
- Coordinates the work of junior resources.
- Applies principles and techniques to evaluate systems during development.
- Recording, reporting, and tracking defects to accurately depict the status of the testing phase and health of the software.
- Identify scope of testing activities and translate that information into test plans and test cases.
- Assess risk and maximize test effectiveness by prioritizing and sequencing testing.
- Assist with the implementation of automated testing tools.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering role.
- Strong oral & written communications essential
- Self-driven to work as an independent contributor as well as work with teams of all sizes
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of 1+ QA engineers strongly desired.
- Experience designing and evaluating tests.
- Experience with software development lifecycle. This includes experience in software development, software testing, software design, and software process improvement activities.
- Familiarity and exposure to SW-CMM/CMMI strongly desired.
- Foundations in project management, PMP certification ideal, but not required.
- Experience programming in a high level language such as Basic or C. VB, C++, or JAVA experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience using Test Automation tools, not including record/playback, considered a plus
- Unix/Linux experience.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
West Greenwich Software Job